Some frequently asked questions
- How do I upload photos?
- Log in and click 'My Photos'. You can upload new photos and edit or delete existing ones from there.
- How many photos can I upload?
- Fotothing currently uses the following restrictions:
- You can upload up to 10 photos in any 24 hour period.
- Captions can be up to 10,000 characters long.
- Comments can be up to 2,000 characters long.
- Each photo can have a maximum of 100 comments posted.
- Photos can be no larger than 45056k in size.
All of these figures are subject to change without notice.
- Is Fotothing free?
- Yes. Fotothing is completely free to join. If you want to get more from your Fotothing account, you
can upgrade to Pro Membership.
- How do I add a friend?
- Visit their page, and click 'Add Friend' at the top of the page, above their thumbnails. If a person is already on
your friends list, this link will change to say 'Remove Friend'.
- Can I see who has added me as a friend?
- Yes, if anyone has added you, it will be displayed on your 'My Friends' page.
- Can I see other people's friends?
- Yes, just click 'Browse Friends' at the top of their pages.
- What does the 'Reply' link next to a comment do?
- Clicking the link allows you to reply to a specific comment, rather than a general
comment about the photos. Your reply will then appear on the other user's 'My Comments'
- Can I display my latest photo on my own web site?
for your own username:
- Is there an RSS feed available for my Fotothing?
- Yes. The link to your RSS feed will appear below your Recent Photos list on your Fotothing. There's also
an RSS feed of the last 10 photos from all users. All our RSS feeds support
enclosures and Media RSS, to enable you to get the maximum use from them.
- Can I open multiple Fotothing accounts?
- No. If you need to upload more photos, you should upgrade to a Pro account.
- How do I change my password or email address?
- Click on 'My Settings' when you're logged in to your account.
- How can I get more comments on my photos?
- There are lots of things you can do to get comments on your photos, including:
- A Fotothing user has used one of my images without permission. What should I do?
- Fotothing undertakes to obey all relevant copyright laws, and treats infringements seriously.
We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws.
Click here for details of how to make a claim.
- I have another question / comment / suggestion. Where do I send it?
- Use the Contact Us page.