....My SWEET SATURDAY entry for Nov. 17th, 2007......(1/2)
A Thai dessert called " ตะโก้ Ta-go ".
Ta-Go or Coconut Pudding
** For the base**
2 tbs. rice flour
2 tbs. tapioca flour
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup lotus seeds (optional)
1/4 cup sugar
** For the topping **
1/4 cup Coconut milk (you can use milk instead of it)
1 tbs. rice flour
A pinch of salt
To prepare the base
1. In a pot, dissolve the sugar in the water to make the syrup. Bring it to boil, then set aside.
2. Dissolve the rice flour and tapioca flour in the syrup. Heat until thickened. Then add the lotus seeds.
3. Pour the flour mixture into a small cone made of Banana leaves (or a small square Pandan leaf plate, or a small plate.)
To prepare the topping
1. To make coconut milk topping, dissolve the rice flour in the coconut milk and add salt. Keep stirring over a medium low heat until thickened.
2. While the coconut milk topping is still hot, pour the topping over the slightly formed flour mixture so that they will stick together. Then let it cool.
3. Garnish with rose petals (optional)