Bourne Mill, Colchester, Essex. This ornate building was erected in 1591 as a fishing lodge on the River Colne by Sir Thomas Lucas, reusing stone and architectural fragments from St John's Abbey which was demolished following the Dissolution of the Monasteries. In the 19th century it was converted into a fuelling mill, powered from a mill pond to the rear. In 1833 it was again converted, this time into a flour mill, when the weather boarded hoist loft was added.
(Best view by original image)