This is a floating lighthouse ship/vessel At Hythe Quey at Colchester Essex
Trinity House Lightvessel Number 16, T.S. COLNE LIGHT, is a steel lightship built by Phillip & Son Ltd., of Dartmouth in 1954. She arrived in Colchester in June 1991. She is 138 feet long and weighing 538 tons. There are three decks and she had six cabins, a galley, a messroom and extensive storage capacity. She had her own generators for 110 volts electricity with 3000 gallons capacity for fuel oil and a storage capacity of 5000 gallons for fresh water. When in service, the crews used to change by helicopter and the vessel has its own helicopter pad. The light, when in use, could be seen from 11 miles away. The light will not be put to use now as it could interfere with air traffic. She has guided shipping at various posts around the British coast and, from 1988 to 1991, was used by the Astrid Trust as a support ship, berthed in Southampton Docks.