Kuznetskiy Most is a street in central Moscow. Kuznetskiy Most is a good example of old central Moscow, filled with hectic and busy streets, trolley buses, buses and courtyards with late 19th-century eclectic architecture.
Long time ago the area around and within Kuznetskiy Most was home to poor blacksmiths who lived in wooden houses. This is where the name "Kuznetskiy Most" (literally, Blacksmiths' Bridge) comes from. From 1754-57, a stone bridge was constructed over the Neglinnaya River, from a design by Dmitry Ukhtomsky. Later the river was filled in and built over and of course the bridge was demolished. Yet, to this day the name Kuznetskiy Most has stuck.
In the 20th century after the October Revolution, many of the buildings became government offices, while some continued to house Soviet shops. The area became lost its old charm and the architectural works slowly began to deteriorate, as if nobody seemed to care.
In the beginning of the '90s, the old charm of the area was once again revived; the buildings started to be restored, and new cafes, banks, night clubs, boutiques, and other shops of all sorts began to appear. Kuznetskiy Most is now just one of Moscow's streets where its nightlife thrives.