N.B. If you haven't yet had a chance to enter, you now have an extra week in which to do so!
Fotothing would like to announce Challenge 85, entitled “Beautiful Blur”; commencing on Monday 18th February 08 and finishing at 11.59 pm / 23:59 GMT on Sunday 16th March 08.
A blur can often be thought of as something indistinct; a haziness of memory, an imperfection that spoils a picture. But, pictures such as the ones above show how blurring can also be used to create beautiful images.
We would like you to have fun interpreting “Beautiful Blur” within your entries. You may like to try playing with the focus of your camera or using other methods of distortion.
You can create blur with you camera using many techniques, such as long exposures, motion blur, depth of field, or with tilt-shift or Lensbaby lenses.
Please note, you do not have to use a Lensbaby to enter this contest. Remember, what we are looking for is vision, originality and photos that really capture the theme.
This challenge is extra special as the top entries will win the following prizes:
1st Prize: Lensbaby 3G, the Lensbaby accessory bundle and a baseball cap
2nd Prize: Lensbaby 2.0, macro kit, the Lenspen pro and a baseball cap
* Upload your picture to your Fotothing in the usual way.
* Tag your entry "challenge85" without spaces or quotes. A tag is sufficient to ensure your entry is submitted.
**Remember** only a single entry per Fotothing user may be entered.
* This Challenge will close at 11:59 pm GMT on Sunday 16th March 2008 and the results announced when judging has been completed.
* Only a single entry per Fotothing user name may be entered.
* By entering, you accept that should you win, your picture may be (re)displayed as the winner here on the Fotothing Challenge Page.
* Only pictures which have not previously been posted on Fotothing may be entered (the idea is to get you out and about with your camera).
* Entries must be your own work and you must own the copyright (as is the case with all Fotothing pictures).
* To enter the Challenge, post your photo in the usual way, and enter the word "challenge85" (no spaces or quotes) as one of your tags (you may add other tags as well).
* The judges' decision is final.